Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Boston and Baseball

So Curtis and I decided to go to Boston for our anniversary this year. It was BEAUTIFUL and so much fun. In one day I took a trolley, a train, a boat and a horse drawn carriage (with Starbucks :) ) The only problem was when we were at a Red Socks game (no I didn't actually watch the game, I took a book) and my mom called to tell me that my 2 year old, Ashley's ear had partially detached from her head. Yup, you read it right. How did it happen you might ask? Well, I asked the same thing too, while having my second heart attack. By the way, have you all ever seen Fever Pitch? Well, let’s just say the movie is true. Fans are REALLY into the game and do not take well to people who come to read their favorite novel instead of taking part in the 100 rituals that everyone in the park seems to know (including my husband). Well, they get even more testy when you pull out your cell phone and call every nurse and doctor friend you know in order to figure out what would be the best place to send your child with a partially detached ear to in order to get it reattached at 6:30 in the evening. My mom was totally freaking out and asked what she should do about it. Let me think..... TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!! BTW, mom has no idea how it happened. She just noticed some blood on the back of her ear and pulled up on it to see what happened........ Okay, I'm okay, I have no idea what is going on, but I'm okay, these stupid Red Socks fans are being really loud and wanting me to pass hot dogs, pretzels and money back and forth and someone just dropped relish on my book, but I'm okay. Well, I called mom back when I figured out if she should go to convenient care or just strait to the emergency room while she was driving out in that direction. She said, "Lydia (the girl we hired to help mom in the evenings) just looked at Ashley's ear and it's not detached after all, but I'll have the doctor let you know after we get her there." wha...? Okay, wait a minute, you're telling me it's just a bug bite that she scratched at till it bled some?!? Okay mom, I think we can just skip the doctor visit (thank the Lord for Lydia). "Were are the hot dogs and someone teach me that stupid song you all are singing"!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment