Monday, July 13, 2009

Confessions

Okay girls, if you know me at all, you already know that I am completely technology illiterate. I have never texted- yes, you read that right. It seems that inbetween feeding my three kids, which seems to occupy most of my day, changing diappers, which I should do more of so that my daughter doesn't have to bring me her own diapper and wipes and tell me she's poopie, and doing an untold number of loads of laundry, because the daughter who has pooped and brought me her own diapper has also decided to try and change it herself but found that fingerpainting in it was much more fun, (that of course explains why the previously clean clothes in the dresser were needed to try and clean the mess up) I have forgotten to learn an entirely new piece of technology. My friends have tried to explain to me how useful and time saving it can be. For instance, I can now text my 2 year old in the other room and tell her that daddy doesn't appreciate her using his deodorant all over her face because the peanut butter and jelly tends to stick in his armpit hair. I could also text my 4 year old to inform her that the tantrum she has been trowing for the last 30 minutes because I unbuckled her while standing on the "wrong side of the van" has expired. I would also throw in the fact that standing with her nose in the corner is not going to suffocate her (why do I teach her big words) and I understand that it's boring. Why she thinks this is news to me is apparently beyond my comprehension, after all, I spend most of my time wiping pooie off of things. After saving myself so much time with my younger two, I would then send my 6 year old son a quick text about cheese puffs not being one of the recognized food groups and an entire meal of them does not constitute enough for a treat.
I have decided to jump on the technology band wagon and get my husband to show me how to do this "text" thing. Um, I guess it's going to have to wait a minute, it seems that my husband needs me to help him hang some drywall. Can I text my neighbor to come over and help???

3 comments:

  1. Malissa, I'm cracking up! Thanks for sharing ...I feel like I'm at your house! Love you! -Abby :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna text you and tell you to call me, 'kay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny... by the way, can you come help my husband hang drywall?

    ReplyDelete